Thursday, April 18, 2013

Moving studio to Fall City, WA! Out in the country!

Back from Texas, waiting for my paint supplies to arrive.  I shipped a box Fed Ex home from Clarksville - it should arrive tomorrow.  There are four paintings from that workshop that I plan to continue working on.  Deborah Paris taught a painting technique inspired by painters from the Renaissance which consists of applying thin glazes of oil paint, building up the layers and creating a luminosity like nothing I've seen before.  As I work my way through the painting process I'm learning how to plan ahead which areas will be transparent and which will be opaque.  Very challenging and it's a lot of fun! I'll post some of that work soon.  I'm still working it.  

The real reason I'm writing is to announce that I will be moving back to my studio in Fall City, WA beginning May 1st.  On my property is a wonderful, small, intimate space in the trees.  I work in a treehouse studio.  It is designed after a fire lookout like the ones we have on mountaintops in the Cascades.  There are windows on all sides, so being in the trees it's nice to have all the natural light.  I'm super excited to get moved and get working. 

Here is a master copy I did of a drawing by Ashur B. Durand: 



1 comment:

  1. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. playa del rey movers

    ReplyDelete